Pages

Thursday 9 August 2012

Have you ever thought "My Life could have changed...with ONE small incident"

In the late 1990s, I had a family to feed.
House mortgage to pay.
A clinic to run.

The last was the MOST important thing.
Running a clinic for general practice was a sacrifice, a great risk.

I did it because I thought it was the ONLY field in which I could be relevant.
There were a zillion smarter, more driven doctors who were able to be better, smarter, and save more lives than I could in the hospitals.

It would be unfair to the sustem...and to my own self..to stay, and take up a position that I would NOT be able to deliver a better job than someone else.

I had played locum doctor in the private sector for 7 years...I knew in my heart that I could be " a GOOD general practice" man.

It's like giving up engineering to become a car mechanic!

Your parents and friends would be NOT in favor.

BUT...as a car mechanic, I could rise..become really GOOD...because I had the skill set.
And I would rise all the way to be the very best, make a great difference!

So...that was one of many in years.

I never regreted it.






1 comment:

  1. It is always nice to think back and know that you have pull through with the choices you made.

    I hope when I grow old, I will be able to look back and think like this too.

    ReplyDelete