Pages

Tuesday 8 May 2012

 I have always been the GOOD and LUCKY guy.

I make all the most illogical, silly, stupid, decisions....but I had it all work out so well for me.
No one, how ever, wants to hear about my or your sucess.

The ONLY real friends, besides your parents are the FEW who are GENUINELY happy it was you who had all the money and not them. They won't mind having some...but few are those who will REALLY be VERY happy for you.

That is a fact, or I am simply a selfish person.

The people who are regarded as moral luminaries are those who forego ordinary pleasures themselves and find compensation in interfering with the pleasures of others.

Lord Bertrand Russell said that, not me.
But I TOTALLY agree.

AND:




We have, in fact, two kinds of morality side by side: one which we preach but do not practice, and another which we practice but seldom preach.



INDIAN food.

My kids and wife.

And...my ever present interest in watches. Which IF one thinks carefully are about the PUREST of all algorythms made into material form.

An algorythm is (I know you know what it is, but bear with me),  is simply put, a set of steps which followed correctly, always, always, leads to the SAME and EXACT result.

A clockwork is a FINE example, and so are many mathemathecal mumbo which I hate.

My LOVE and INTEREST for watches springs from MANY sources, and the algorythm it presents itself, and demonstrates itself in perpetuity is my vision of its value.

The more PRECISE and the MORE HANDMADE, together, they are the MOST likely to fail. The inescapable beauty of error, and that things do not always go that way.

Watches are EXTREME philosophical tools...that can be possessed and studied.

And it has its DARK NATURE of being selfish, indulgent and harmless too.

See:

PURE algorythms.

Aged 40 yers..and working spitting well..spittle and all.

SERVICED...naaaaah.
These are inexpensive watches, bad boy of me not to service...but reasons upon reasons.


They work to a T !!!


YES...I wear SEIKO too.
(ok, for the smart asses, this is NOT an ordinary SEIKO, more MUCH later)
Most people expect me to show up with $300,000 watches on BOTH wrists.

OK..I do. BUT, and NOT to dissapoint...I found another LV trunk made, ready made, at Selfridges..and had a HARD time to convince the salesman that I could afford and actuall knew it was a special trunk for watches.

A guy dressed with worn out leather jacket, Seiko, and well..nice but not overtly expensive clothes.

They get the LADDER and climb 18 feet to the ceiling to get it...I bought it on the spot..WRONG price!!!

GOD.

Come to papa!!!!

These were taken with JOY.

Just about 3 hours ago.

Watch collecting is NOT about showing off, although it IS a BIG part of it, if one truly examines his/her own heart.

BUT:

I think Lord Russell was NOT being jocular about:

Advocates of capitalism are very apt to appeal to the sacred principles of liberty, which are embodied in one maxim: The fortunate must not be restrained in the exercise of tyranny over the unfortunate.
Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/b/bertrand_russell.html#vS1V8ovao4m1Mc7z.99
Yes..do click on it.

And so, I may be flippant but:
Jokes aside. I am NOT overflowing with $$$, but it is an adventure..the adventure of spending close to limits:


YES..a Scatola box full of Seikos, most inexpensive..chosen for their value in making me think.
Collecting timepieces are and will remain VERY stimulating. Try.

A life without adventure is likely to be unsatisfying, but a life in which adventure is allowed to take whatever form it will is sure to be short.

Read more at
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/b/bertrand_russell.html#vS1V8ovao4m1Mc7z.99


I may have been the MOST annoying company!

1 comment:

  1. Very good scatola watch!

    There is one smaller, only with 12 pcs and not 24?If yes where did you get it?

    Thank you

    Giancarlo

    ReplyDelete